KALKA PUBLIC SCHOOL
SESSION : 2021-2022
“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will” – Mahatma Gandhi.
If there were some important lessons learnt during the session 2020-2021, they were of resilience and of cultivating the ‘never say die’ attitude.
Greetings from KPS. Hope you all are keeping well and staying safe.
COVID 19 pandemic caused almost all CBSE schools to function in a virtual mode for most part of the academic session of 2020-21.
Due to the extreme risk associated with the conduct of Board examinations during the second wave in April 2021, CBSE had to cancel both its class X and XII Board examinations of the year 2021 and results are to be declared on the basis of a credible, reliable, flexible and valid alternative assessment policy.
This, in turn, also necessitated deliberations over alternative ways to look at the learning objectives as well as the conduct of the Board Examinations for the academic session 2021-22 in case the situation remains unfeasible.
Therefore, it is compulsory and extremely important to understand
the importance of attending online classes by our children for the
evaluation procedures as mentioned below in the CBSE curriculum.
The following schemes have been introduced for the Academic Session for Class X and Class XII 2021- 22 by CBSE:
Details of Curriculum Transaction
1. Schools will continue teaching in distance mode till the
authorities permit inperson mode of teaching in schools.
2. Classes IX-X: Internal Assessment (throughout the
yearirrespective of Term I and II) would include the 3
periodic tests, student enrichment, portfolio and practical
work/ speaking listening activities/ project.
3. Classes XI-XII: Internal Assessment (throughout the
yearirrespective of Term I and II) would include end of topic
or unit tests/ exploratory activities/ practicals/ projects.
4. Schools will create a student profile for all assessment
undertaken over the year and retain the evidences in digital
5. CBSE will facilitate schools to upload marks of Internal
Assessment on the CBSE IT platform.
6. The Board will organize Term I Examination in a flexible
schedule to be conducted between November-December
7. The Question Paper will have Multiple Choice Questions
(MCQ) including Case-based MCQs and MCQs on assertionreasoning
type. Duration of test will be 90 minutes and it
will cover only the rationalized syllabus of Term I only (i.e. approx. 50% of the entire syllabus)
8. Question Papers will be sent by the CBSE to schools along with marking scheme.
9. The Board would organize Term II or Yearend Examination based on the rationalized syllabus of Term II only (i.e. approximately 50% of the entire syllabus).
10. This examination would be held around March-April 2022
11. The paper will be of 2 hours duration and have questions of different formats (case-based situation based, open ended- short answer/ long answer type).
12. In case the situation is not conducive for normal descriptive examination a 90 minute MCQ based exam will be conducted at the end of the Term II also.
Looking forward to your cooperation for a continued, meaningful and constructive academic engagement with your ward.
Stay safe and connected!